Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dear God, Send Us A Leader

We need a leader. And we need him now. I’m pretty sure it has to be a “he” because fighting the likes of blood-thirsty radical islam is going to require a lot of testosterone. I don’t care what feminists say – I love my life, my country, my Judeo-Christian values and heritage. I want them to prevail. Whatever it takes.

Nixon once said that a great political leader requires “head, heart and guts… that is, smarts, compassion and courage.” With smarts and courage, no compassion - you get Russia’s Peter the Great. With only smarts and compassion, no courage - you get Neville Chamberlain. Waffling Bill Clinton had no courage. Jimmy Carter is all compassion (always for the other guy). … you get the point.

You could make the argument that President Bush has too much compassion and not enough brains. I don’t mean book smart - I mean street smart. I don’t understand why he apologized to the radicals during the Cartoon kerkuffle. Or why he hasn’t replaced Condi, because as great as she is, we lost ground during the recent Israel/Lebanon war. And why doesn’t he recognize that our Southern border is no longer a trade issue but a sovereignty issue?

But I don’t want to critique Bush – I am grateful to him for his honor, for the fact that he keeps his promises, and for his great desire to protect and serve our country.

In 2 years – who will lead us? Because, you see, we are in very grave danger here.
And if I can see it - I am neither cynical nor particularly shrewd or clever - if a person as gullible as I can see it – then, believe me - the danger is real and imminent.

Dear God, find us a leader. Dear God, I pray to you. Find the United States of America a leader who can meet the radical islamists on the battlefield, and who will prevail. Amen

2 Comments:

Blogger Flanders Fields said...

I share your prayer! With both of us working, we can't be denied. I know that our prayers will be answered. They just won't be answered by the Democratic or Republican parties.

You have a good blog and good thinking expressed in your posts. I'll be checking back to visit

9:58 AM  
Blogger Heroic Dreamer said...

flanders fields: first, thank you for reminding me of that beautiful poem. And for visiting. I shall go over to your site and see what you are up to.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home